How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This information has been created in partnership with your GP Practice and Mid Hampshire Healthcare Ltd (MHH). MHH is a GP federation created to support your GP practice and enhance the delivery of healthcare services to all patients within the local area.
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share your information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent UK authority set up to uphold information rights. Please visit their website https://ico.org.uk/ for further advice.
- Statement re photographs - Please note any digital image submitted as part of an online consultation, will be stored within your clinical notes
Click on Stokewood Surgery Privacy Notice to full our policy in full. A children's version of this privacy notice is also available by clicking on Childrens Privacy Notice
Practice Caldicott Guardian - Dr Richard Shelly. Named SIRO - Mrs Deborah Humphries. Both can be contacted via WHCCG.email@example.com